Celebrate the Full Moon with deliciousness
The Full Moon is a powerful and wonderful time for manifestation and celebration, so why not treat yourself to a cupcake dedicated to the magic of the Full Moon!
You don’t always have to cast a spell or perform some elaborate ritual every Full Moon, bake something, find a spot to view the Moon, grab a nice cuppa and relax. Alternatively, since you’ll be baking cupcakes, gather your witch friends and make it a wonderful gathering of perfect love.
These tasty little cupcakes of magic are wonderful for self love, self healing, love and Goddess magic!
Full Moon Cupcake Ingredients
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cup Warm Milk (any milk is fine; soy or almond)
- 1 Cup Melted refined Coconut oil
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Lemon zest
- 4 tbsp Poppy Seeds
And for the Glaze, You’ll Need:
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon Juice
You’ll also need an oven, mixing bowl, cup cake tray or patty pans, flour sieve and whisk.
- Pre heat the oven to 180C
- If you’re not using patty pans, grease your cupcake tray with coconut oil and light dust with flour
- In a large bowl, whisk together the warm milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest
- Now add in the sugar and whisk
- Add salt and baking powder and mix
- Gradually add in the flour 1 cup at a time, whisk in between
- Once the batter is mixed and looks/feels smooth, add the poppy seeds
- Mix well to incorporate the poppy seeds evenly through the batter
- Grab your cupcake pan or patty pans and pour the batter till it reaches half way to 3/4 of the vessel
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Prick cupcakes with a tooth pick or skewer to to check if its cooked
- Skewer or tooth pick should come out clean without anything stick to it
- Once cup cakes are cooked, let them cool on a rack for at least 10 minutes
For the glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk the powdered sugar and lemon juice together until smooth
- Pour the glaze over the cooled cup cakes
- Let glaze set for 15-20 minutes
Of course you don’t have to just save this recipe for the Full Moon, it’s delicious anytime of the year! However, once you start to bake things with purpose and intent, the magic of the kitchen truly starts to shine. Eat these tasty morsels after you’ve completed a Full Moon ritual to ground yourself or dig in to them without the spells and rituals, just to celebrate the beauty of the Moon.
Have yourself a witches gathering with cakes, fruit, candles and magic!